Sunday 27 July 2014

"My Lord! Your will?!"

So it's been a while since my last update, eh? I've not been up to a huge amount, but I have done a few interesting things.

First of all, I finally broke out my 2nd Edition Warhammer 40,000 stuff, and JY and I have decided to pursue that rather than try and hang in with 7th Edition for a number of reasons:

1) It's cheaper. A 1500 point army of Chaos Space Marines, for instance, comes in at 22 figures (all of which I found in my bits boxes - 7 Terminators, a Sorceror, a handful of Chaos Marines and some old Noise Marines).
2) The rules won't change unless we want them to. No Codex Creep, because the codexes are all finished.
3) It's a lot more tactical.
4) We're secret hipsters.
Anyway, we played through the first couple of scenarios in the Battle for Armageddon linked campaign as presented in the rulebook, with JY taking the part of the Space Marines, and me and then SB playing the Orks and Gretchin of Waaagh! Ghazgkull.


 The setup for the second mission. On the left, Space Marines of the Righteous Fists' 2nd Battle Company, IV Squad, defending the ruins of the Chapel of the Emperor's Grace. On the right, 15 Orks wanting to embed their axes into 'umie skullz.

Midway through - this is about as far as they got. Frag rockets and bad luck stopped the Orks getting anywhere!

We had a good time and the upshot is I am now painting up Iron Warriors while listening to this:



As of writing I've finished The Skintaker, the Aspiring Champion who leads the basic Iron Warrior squad, and Qorl of the Nine Tongues, the warband's sorceror. Siege-Captain Kuhl Leng and his Sworn Guard Terminators are drying off after a paint-stripping (they'd been undercoated white and then painted black at some point in their past by their previous owner, poor devils!)

I'm quite looking forwards to painting the Noise Marines in their psychedelic armour.

1 comment:

  1. 'We're secret hipsters' and 'all of which I found in my bits box'. Mmmm. Insanity, delusional state, and too many figures if your 'bits box' has that much in it!!

    ReplyDelete