Tuesday 3 August 2010

Return To The Paintpots

Hello all! Sorry for yet another leave of absence - this one cause by a flood of sewage into the house leading to an evacuation and a tiff with the landlord. Joy of joys. At any rate, a couple of days ago I got the chance to sit down and get some painting done, and I finished a couple of Necromunda Scummers - one ex-Van Saar with hand flamer, sword/knife and bolt pistol; and an ex-Orlock with plasma pistol and holstered pistol. I also made a start on the Telekinetic (a swine of a model with piping everywhere and daft banding on his wrists and ankles, which I getting round by painting varying shades of black), and I hope to get him done soon too.

Anyway, here are the pictures of my two latest completed additions to my Necromunda collection. I'm not 100% happy with them - Van Rijn's got a wall eye (not a major problem, it is the Underhive after all) but their bases are annoying me. They don't look finished in the cold harsh view of the lens!

Photobucket
Van Rijn, with his Van Saar-standard synthskin undersuit and semi-hardened hazardous environment protection suit. The grey hair may make him seem old - and he is, at the stunningly old age of 29!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Billy Whizz. Late of House Orlock, now renowned for hiring himself out to the highest bidder (not very high in Billy's case - anyone willing to fork out for a few bottles of Wildsnake or a crate of Second Best is pretty much guaranteed to get his services for a few days).

With these two done, I have just 41 Necromunda models to paint before my collection so far is 'done' and I can start buying new ones for it.

I have a new project planned to celebrate my moving to Warwick at the end of August and my attempt to become an officer in the Royal Armoured Corps. More on that tomorrow I expect.

Olley Painting Points:

This Week: 2
2010 Total: 59
2009 Total: 58
Grand Total: 117

No comments:

Post a Comment