Wednesday 7 August 2019

Litus Saxonicum...

...or the Saxon Shore.

In between painting High Elves (those Silver Helms are such a pain in the bum!), I have been helping out my old pater, Al Front, with some of his backlog:

15mm DBA Saxons to fight the Romano-British.

I've really enjoyed painting these little fellows; they're so simple - flat colours, Agrax Earthshade, shields, matt varnish, base, done. I am trying to paint the shields so that everyone has a different design. I don't know how that will end up but it's jolly fun. So far I have finished three stands of 'Warband', one stand of 'Skirmishers' and have eight stands of 'Spearmen' to go.
As well as that, on Tuesday I went to my friend J's flat along with J2, K, Dr D, and A to play some more Starfinder.

The gang. L-R: A (dwarf wizard), Dr D (space lizard medic), J2 (not-a-Jedi), me (Katakayo Face-eater, angry space lizard), K (four-armed mechanic).

The Bandit Queen space bar, owned by some naughty bunch of criminal types. Scenery by K.

"Can we come in?"
"No."
"FIGHTING IT IS THEN" (and, reader, Katakayo killed both and ate their faces)

"And there is a door marked 'NO ENTRY - STAFF ONLY'."
"Can I hack it? Can we bribe the barman? Is there another way in?"
"I try to open the door" says me, "while they are talking."
"It, uh, it opens."

After dispatching the goons playing poker, Katakayo opens the next door, revealing the gang leader and her bodyguard, another angry space lizard.
"A worthy opponent!"
We leveled up, when all was said and done, and Katakayo's personal tally now stands at 6 kills and 4 faces eaten.



This, by the way, is what Katakayo Face-Eater actually looks like, courtesy of my partner S, who takes commissions!

Painting Points:
Today: 7 (2 15mm figs = 1 points)
This Week: 7
2019: 38






No comments:

Post a Comment