Thursday 10 October 2024

Birthday!

It's my birthday today! Another orbit around the sun, another year of nonsense ahead. Hopefully mostly good nonsense, that is.

I haven't done any painting or anything today (although I intended to) but I did watch some of the very fascinating lectures from the recent Warhammer Conference which are on YouTube here. I particularly enjoyed this one on medievalism, the Dominican Order, and the Sisters of Battle. 

Anyway, a quiet hobby day and a quiet day in general really - tomorrow I'll be home alone so might get some painting done. I only have five figures from the Frostgrave band to do and a week and a bit to do them in, so I'd best get cracking!

I shall leave you with some a portrait of me as Joanna Quen, my occultist from the LARP A Faint Hope Blossoms:

Art by Kristina Amuan

 (I particularly like the expression on the stuffed toy bunny!)

No comments:

Post a Comment