Wednesday 9 October 2024

Eagle Woman

More Frostgrave minion-painting (and not the yellow kind in dungarees) today. I cracked out Chamuk, a woman-at-arms with axe and shield. Her name means "eagle" in a Siberian language (I think Nivkh).



The shield design is from a Games Workshop Imperial Knight decal sheet - I think it's a bit small, but it looks ok in person. I might eventually add a few details around the edge of the shield, but perhaps not.

I hit on an interesting trick with one of my contrast paints - I did the axe haft and back of the shield with XV-88* and then painted it with Wyldwood Contrast and the end result looks really nice, which was a happy surprise!

Painting Points:
Today: 1
This Week: 2
2024: 89

* I still think of this as Snakebite Leather!

No comments:

Post a Comment