Monday 8 October 2012

Gork, General Vodkahead, and Confrontation

Well, it's been over a week since my last post, but as this is a faster post rate than the last couple I am counting this as a heroic and glorious victory worthy of, if not columns, then at least fountains. I haven't actually done any extra painting, but I have organised a lot of things, thought deeply about stuff, and found some figures I had part-forgotten about.

First on the list are my Gorker mob from Gorkamorka, whose name escapes me. They are almost all current Warhammer 40,000 Ork models with the exception of the Boss, who is a (converted) original Gorkamorka figure:

MORGRIM NARDAKKA: He used to have another Choppa, and a different 'ead. I decided that, bein' a Goff, 'e 'as no truck wiv any of dis showy bizness, so 'e wears a 'elmet so 'e can get duffin' wiv da best ov dem.


KRUMPLUG BADTHUG, Goff Ork Boy. Choppa and six-shoota. Coz 'e dun't like dem new-fangled sluggas.

GRUBKOP (L), and DUFFGIT (R), Goff Ork Yoofs. A bit dimmer - or is it dummer - dan yoor average Ork.

GULDREG NARGROT, Deathskull Slaver, and NURD, his Grot slave. If it in't nailed down, they'll 'ave it. If it is, NURD will distract 'em while GULDREG nicks it.

RUKFANG GARDAKKA (L) Evil Sunz trak gunner wiv 'is favourite shoota ('e calls it da dakkablasta), and GRUDMEK DUFFBAD (R), Evil Sunz Mek, and driver of Da Trak. 'e 'as a Massive Choppa, an' it has worky bitz.

Da Whole Mob, wif Da Trak. I forget wot it iz called, but if yoo can read Ork, it is on da side. It 'as a Rokkit Launcha an' goin' forward bitz. An' going forward fasta bitz.

The esteemed and noble General Graf von Vodkakopf*, Commander-in-Chief of the Army of Molgravia, as painted by Al Front some years ago for my first crack at imagi-nations...! He is shown here wearing the coat of the venerable IR2 Von Marwitzen regiment with the white smallclothes of the Royal or Guard Regiments.

And finally...

...Confrontation! This is a commission for a guy at work who had the game when he was younger, but slowly lost all of it; he found a copy on eBay and I agreed to paint it up.More specifically, it is Confrontation: Hybrid which looks like this.

Anyway, I will be painting up the 13 or so figures that come in the box. They are sumptuous white-metal figures and I have made a start on the goodies, the Templars of Hod:

The painted figure on the far right is all that remains of the original set, painted by his uncle. It is a solid 7/10 tabletop paintjob heavily gloss varnished for play. I will be seeing if I can do better! I am rather looking forwards to painting the 'Clones of the Heresiarch'.

Olley Painting Points:
This Week: 0
October Total: 0
2012 Total: 41

No comments:

Post a Comment