Friday 25 January 2013

Beyond the Gates of Antares, or, Kickstarter!

So,  the previous post was meant for Wednesday, and it is now Friday, I figure I owe my loyal readers at least one more post. And what better subject than to announce that I have thrown in my feeble financial weight behind Rick Priestly and John Stallard's new wargame concept, Beyond the Gates of Antares. It is a hard-SF setting which the game's backers - yes, me included - can have a say in. The company they've set up, Dark Space Corp, has more details and a forum.

The big attraction for me, apart from the fact that Warhammer 40,000 is my favourite SF wargame setting, and Rick is responsible for, among others things, Necromunda and Black Powder, is that Hasslefree's Miniatures' very own Kev White will be one of the sculptors (and is indeed the man who has made the Kickstarter's unique backer figure, Hansa).

For a £25 pledge, one will receive a hardback rulebook, a special forum badge, a pdf copy of the rules, and the Hansa figure. A bargain!

They have 30 days (or so) to hit a £300,000 target. As of writing they are at £95,066 - so £6,667 a day is required to launch Beyond the Gates of Antares to, well, the beyond! Go - pledge - make wargaming history!

Concept art from the Kickstarter page.

No comments:

Post a Comment