Saturday 27 July 2019

Mordheim!

A long time ago, in the depths of history (by which I mean between 1999 and 2004) I picked up a Reaper Miniatures vampire lady with sword and shield, and a witch.

I didn't really know what to do with them at first, so they sort of languished a bit.

Then I decided to make them a vampire and necromancer and paint them up for Mordheim! So I did.

Then I built some zombies for them, and undercoated the zombies. By now it was ... definitely about 2005.

Nothing happened for another 12 years or so.

I had ideas! Oh, I had ideas. Then in about 2017, give or take a year or so, I got hold of two of the three models I wanted to use for Dregs (characters in the warband) - the Middenheimer Youngblood girl and boy that GW made in 1999 for the initial release of Mordheim.

Then nothing happened.

Until a couple of months ago, when some friends started talking about wanting to do a fantasy skirmish game, and all the Mordheim MMXIX stuff floating around on the internet combined to drive me on to finish the warband!

And last night, I finished the final piece, two Hasslefree Miniatures figures that combine to make one character! So here they are:

Carmina von Wesel (132, ish, give or take 5-10 years or so), Vampire, Katerina's unlife partner.

Katerina Darque (50? 60? She ain't saying), Necromancer, Witch, Carmina's unlife partner.

 Hans (16, but he swears blind he's 19) - Dreg.

Anna (18, has no time for Hans' shit) - Dreg.

Sofia (12) and Karl (6). Don't underestimate them. Counts-as Dreg.





The Hench-dead. Zombies in two groups of five.
 
 The whole warband! Base from Gale Force 9 (but I think it's OOP now?).

The plan in any campaign is to slowly replace the zombies with Ghouls and Dire Wolves. I have the Dire Wolves - old Ral Partha wolves that I bought around 20 years ago (!!) - and the Ghouls will be the disturbingly excellent Paul Mueller ones from Heresy Miniatures.

I don't know when I'll get to play with them but I'm happy to have them finished some 15 years or so after I first started them.

Painting Points:
Today: 2
This Week: 6
2019 Total: 9


No comments:

Post a Comment