Sunday 14 July 2019

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS

Hello all!

So, um checks calendar a mere two and a bit years since my last post, I have returned!

Mainly because I have joined a forum (the Middlehammer Forum) and have joined in their Tale Of X Gamers with my High Elf army that has sat, unpainted and unloved, in a drawer in a cupboard for...

...some time.




And tonight I made some progress! Well, actually, I made a start. This is the Battle Standard Bearer, a Hero-level character in this 2,000 point army built for 6th Edition. The whole army consists of:

Lord on Barded Elven Steed in Dragon Armour

Hero with Battle Standard
Level 2 Mage on foot
Level 2 Mage on foot

20 High Elf Spear-elves (full command)
14 High Elf Archers (full command)
14 High Elf Archers (full command)
9 Silver Helm Heavy Cavalry (full command)

Tiranoc Chariot
Tiranoc Chariot

Repeater Bolt Thrower
Repeater Bolt Thrower

There is also a High Elf Lord on Griffon from the Blood Island starter set that GW did a few years ago left over from a brief idea to expand the army beyond 2,000 points with some Lothern Seaguard, Swordmasters of Hoeth and a couple of units of Ellyrian Reavers. But the wisdom of Nigel Stillman bathed me in the light of Middlehammer and I decided against it (though I liked the model of the Lord on Griffon so much I kept it, and will paint it last as a present to myself).

What does the army look like? Well:

L-R: Tester spear-elf, Lord, 9 Silver Helms, BSB (since painted, see above)

The rest of the army - a lot of old monopose plastics because they are what I think of when I think of High Elves, and because they are surprisingly good models!

Well, that's it for me for now. I'll update this as and when and who knows, I might even get back into the swing of the ol' bloggeroo.

Painting Points:
This Week: 1
2019 Total: 1 (huge lie, I've painted loads, but I may as well start afresh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment