Monday 29 July 2019

Strontium Dog!

Either a year ago, or maybe two, my Dad bought Warlord Games' Strontium Dog starter set and gave it to me to build and paint.

I am ashamed to say it has taken me this long to put any paint beyond undercoat onto any of the models (which are superb; they look just like the late, great, Carlos Ezquerra's drawings).

There was no way I was going to start with anyone other than the Strontium Dog, Johnny Alpha himself:

"Number four cartridge!"


Really simple paintjob, given a good solid coat of gloss varnish to really play up the cartoon aspect of it all. Wulf Sternhammer and The Gronk are next up. Oh, and I should probably paint some more Silver Helms as well, but cavalry are booorrriiiiinnnng.

Painting Points:
Today: 1
This Week: 1
2019: 25

3 comments:

  1. Figure looks great. Btw is your dad gaming much these days. I always enjoyed his blog posts and miss them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not been very well of late but I will encourage him to restart the blog - if he has any spare time! He's been writing another book for Pen & Sword when not at work. I will pass on your regards.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for passing on my regards, l wish him well.

      Delete