Monday 26 August 2024

Drums In The Deep

 Well, it took bloomin' ages, but I have finally finished my last mob of Night Goblins for my Stillmanite Night Goblin army - the Red Band Stabbas, or Moongit Maglub's Mob.

42 Night Goblins armed with hand weapons and shields, and a full command. The front rank has two netters, who can reduce incoming attacks for a turn.

I'm particularly proud of the musician, who I initially painted a couple of years ago or so and whose hood I updated to fit the mob's colour scheme. The shields all look great en masse too:

    
Angle showing the yellow "Bad Moon" emblem on the shields, with vicious toothed grins and red eyes.





 

Doing this was quite tedious work towards the end - I had to fill all the slots in the slottabases with blu-tac before adding the flock, and that took what seemed like HOURS and HOURS. I took a photo when I was about half-way through...

A shot of my workspace, with about half the Night Goblins still in the process of having their slottas filled before the addition of static grass scatter.
 

However! Now they're done, so I have a couple more Night Goblin characters to do and then it'll be on to Royalist Quar I imagine. So here's to the first block of painting points officially recorded in 2024:

Painting Points:
Today: 42
This Week: 42
2024: 42

(A quick note - one infantry figure = 1 painting point. Cavalry are 2, walkers or monsters are 5, tanks or similar are 10)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment