Sunday 25 August 2024

The Witching Hour Approaches...

 It's nearly midnight where I am and sadly I have not yet finished the Night Goblin mob I'm working on. I have got them to the point where all I need to do is highlight the skin, dot the eyes with red, and paint the teeth on their faces (and shields), plus a few details on the standard bearer - mushrooms, mostly.

Then, of course, base the wee buggers. I've been using third party 20x20mm slottabases bought from the cursed Amazon, as Games Workshop no longer makes the 20mm squares what with The Old World moving to 25mm as its 'standard' base size. The downside of this is that every single base has a bloody great hole in it that needs filling, so at some point tomorrow I'm going to be shoving blu-tac into 40 bases to fill the slotta-bit. Ho hum.

Anyway, once they're done, that's the army complete to a Stillmanite standard of 1,995 points (I can't find anything worth 5 points to add)! which is close enough to 2,000 points for Warhammer work. In theory I could bulk the army up a bit by making some conversions and adding in some war machines and spider riders, but I think I'll leave that madness for another day. 

More likely my next thing will be to finish up my This Quar's War starter set by painting the Royalist squad that comes in the box. I've done the Crusaders - some bad photos follow:

A squad of Crusaders - at rear, the Yawdryl (roughly equivalent to a Sergeant). In front are three three-quar sections, each with two Bogen semi-automatic rifles and one Rhyshi automatic rifle. The Quar on the left is the Milwer (roughly a Corporal), commanding A Section. 

Showing off some details at the rear and sides.

These were quite quickly painted with flat colours, a wash, and a single layer highlight, giving a quite dull and dirty finish - suitable for a more grounded, realistic approach to, er, dieselpunk anteater space soldiers.

I did these a while ago, so I'm not going to count them for Painting Points - I'm going to start from 0.

Anyway, tomorrow approaches at speed so I'm off to have a midnight snack and go to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment