Sunday 21 April 2013

Star Wars!

Today I spent some quality time with my wee lad, T, and (thanks to a tax rebate) I took him to get some toys. We ummed and ahhed about the various options available but then he spotted these:


6" tall - I think - action figures that come with their own little skirmish-type wargame! The supermarket in question had them on offer (two for the price of one) so he chose Darth Vader, "The Stormtrooper!" and 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' (actually Qui-Gon Jinn but he looks, to a four-year old's eye, close enough to Alec Guinness to make no difference). I liked the look of Darth Maul, so I picked him for myself, and when we got them back to my parents' house (home of Al Front) we opened them up.

The main excitement came from the fact that Darth Vader and Qui-Gon Jinn's lightsabers actually light up when you press their belt buckles, but the Clone Trooper with his flight pack was a big hit too.

Personally, however, I was more interested in this:


Each figure comes with a dice and a little card that slots into their base. The base hides or exposes certain bonus factors, which becomes useful in the roll-off. It's a bit like Top Trumps with dice and figures, really. Hopefully I'll be able to get T (or even Al Front) to engage in a bit of Star Wars silliness soon.

Nothing painted today, but Qui-Gon did lose a hand in some ferocious back-garden skirmishing, so I think a cunning trip back to the shop to pick up a replacement (and perhaps another figure too) may be in order at some point soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment