Thursday 4 April 2013

The Return of Tancred Regdar

Many years ago, my good friend CH, with whom I have had many escapades in the worlds of geekery and gaming, sat around the table in his house in a small village outside Warwick, and played a game of Dungeons and Dragons - the boardgame. His sister was there, I think, as were one or two of his university friends. I DM'd, as I often do.

CH played the part of Regdar, the Human Fighter, and his brutal stupidity made for much hilarity. Tancred Regdar has been his go-to D&D character ever since: usually chaotic evil, or at the very least chaotic neutral, no act is too base or violent for Tancred Regdar!

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that CH visited over the Easter Weekend, and after I admitted that the Ponies he commissioned me to do are currently AWOL (this is something that I am extremely embarrassed about), we settled down for a blast-from-the-past:


That is how things stood after Regdar and chums had butchered their way through all the innocent Gnoblins lurking in the Sheriff of Holbrook's house, nicking and pilfering loot from the Sheriff's rooms as they went. Like any adventuring party worth their salt really. I am looking forwards to playing through the rest of the campaign with CH (and, with any luck, his wife and our mutual friend MR).

It got me thinking about playing Warhammer Quest years ago, when I was in primary school, with my Danish and Canadian friends, using a set borrowed from Wolfson College Oxford's common room. God, that was a fun game. I wonder what happened to that? I may have lost touch with the other players, but I know something of their lives. Hm. Tempus fugit and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment