Wednesday 13 January 2010

Another Day, Another Mini

Well, today was fairly eventful. After having done all the usual morning rituals (scratch, yawn, &c &c), I donned my trusty desert boots and nice warm grey wool coat, opened the door...

...and stared out onto 2" of snow that hadn't been there when I went to bed. Still got to work tho'!

And what did I get up to miniature-wise? Well, I based the Empress Miniatures' Foreign Legion, Falange and Condor Legion models Al Front sent me, and tried out a tube of artists' acrylic black as a replacement for my now empty pot of Citadel black.

It works! Bwahahahaaa! And it makes an excellent undercoat, too.

Armed with my new black, I set to, and achieved the following:

Repaired the gun truck commander (I dropped him and he snapped in two at the ankles),
Painted the armband onto the gun truck corporal with rifle,
Undercoated Hasslefree Miniatures' Nubian with Assegai and Hide Shield,
Painted (from the undercoat!) a Ratskin Warrior - Martin Twospiders.

I'm dead chuffed actually - I've definitely hit an all-time top speed of toy soldier painting: I can produce one figure, at almost my absolute best quality of painting, in around 1 hr 15 mins. If I paint at 'basic tabletop' quality, I'm looking at about 5 figures in an hour, maybe more, depending on the paint scheme - BUF, I'm looking at you.

I'm looking forwards to finishing off another Ratskin on Friday (I'm away tomorrow to take my driving theory test), and then next week it's on to the BUF foreign volunteers of the Black Legion. After them it's more Ratskins, then the Song of Blades and Heroes warband I got for christmas.

Picture up tonight!

Olley Painting Points:

This Week: 2
2010 Total: 2
2009 Total: 58
Grand Total: 60

No comments:

Post a Comment