Wednesday 20 January 2010

Unexpected Happenstances

Well, I happily finished off Poal Coldheart and did the base on Sam Walks-With-Rats, and then... and then...

A woman, a Muslim woman no less, from Sales came over and said:

"Can I have a go?"
"Sure," says I, "here, take these and paint them black"
"Just black?"
"Yeh, it's the undercoat, you have to paint it on before you do anything else to ensure a good finish"
"Oh, OK"

So I had an apprentice for most of lunch! Weird but cool. She painted the Black Legion CO, his SNCO, and the Rolls-Royce crewman black, their puttees tan khaki and gave the SNCO grey jodhpurs and a brown leather coat. Didn't do too badly but the concept of brush washing failed to permeate. Still, next time!

Anyway, I also bashed on with one of the Pantokrator's Fallen Men, a Dark Angels Deathwing Terminator Sergeant gone rogue and now commanding the Chosen of the Pantokrator, his bodyguard. Nearly finished him as well - just got to do his Storm Bolter, highlight the metal, gloss varnish the lights and highlight two leather bags; so I can get those done in my afternoon break no problem. Hurrah.

No more Ratskins for a while as I've finished the gang 'to current spec' and so won't need any more 'til I do, if that makes sense.

Olley Painting Points:

This Week: 4
2010 Total: 8
2009 Total: 58
Grand Total: 66

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! We figures/gaming nerds need more apprentices like this! Keep her painting!

    ReplyDelete