Monday 25 January 2010

My Kingdom For A Pin Vice Drill!

Well, today was remarkably productive. I 'finished' the last Sworn Man (more on him in a bit), and almost finished the BUF Rolls-Royce driver, a BUF man with SMG to accompany my Action Group's CO, and the two officers for the Black Legion. Just have their skin and bases to do now.

I also painted all the Black Legionnaires' shirts grey. Their trousers, webbing and sidecaps will be black, their puttees tan and any other random leather gaiters or what have you will be black too. I hope to have all 14 of them finished by Friday.

I can't remember if I've talked about Evesham before, but it's why my Police Action! project has inflated somewhat. The good chaps over at the Gentleman's Wargames Parlour are, by and large, responsible for the madness that is the Very British Civil War. Indeed, I've played my own small part by contributing to the article on London in the latest sourcebook, The Gathering Storm Part 2.

Anyway, they had what they called a Big Game (it was covered in this January's Wargames Illustrated, #267 I believe) and I was intrigued by this concept of wargamers from all over the country meeting up and having a Jolly Fun Time, so on seeing that a second one was being planned I leapt in with both feet, despite at the time only having a few BUF chaps and some Skye Battalion.

Following some purchasing, and a lot - a lot - of gun-running from Al Front via Artizan Designs, Empress Miniatures and others, and adding in some borrowed troops (also from Al Front) my eventual force for the Evesham Game will be as follows:

Action Group 32:

Captain Wilde, driver, SNCO with SMG - staff car
Dispatch Rider
Vickers MMG team, 3" mortar team in truck
12 BUF with LMG, SMG and standard in truck
14 Black Legion with 2 LMGs in Lancia armoured Truck
1 Rolls-Royce armoured car
1 Armoured lorry with 3" naval gun

Somerset Action Volunteers:

Captain Daring, NCO, MO, 4 riflemen inc SMG
Vickers MMG team
10 AV with LMG, petrol bombs and SMG
10 AV with LMG, petrol bombs and SMG

Hopefully this little force will be enough to put a spanner in the works of the Anglican League and Somerset Freedom Fighters!

And now, back to the 41st Millenium... my final Sworn Man, a Blood Angel, was supposed to be the Icon Bearer for the unit. Unfortunately that would require a pin vice drill and a length of wire, neither of which I have, so for now he's Icon-less. It shouldn't be too much of a problem as I can get hold of both of those before I finish the project and start gaming with them.

As ever, pictures up tonight!

Olley Painting Points:

This Week: 1
2010 Total: 11
2009 Total: 58
Grand Total: 69

No comments:

Post a Comment