Paint stripping is a chore. Today I managed to steel myself to remove the last dregs of paint from the 12 GZG New Israelis I bought when I was 11! I've had them for 12 years now, and in that time they've been painted:
Black and green.
Black and white.
And all on top of the previous coat... woops! SoI bathed them in Superdrug Own Brand nail varnish remover for about a week and a half, then used an old and knackered toothbrush to remove the weakened paint armour, and a French clasp knife to pick off the difficult bits.
Underneath it all they're actually really nice little models. I think I'm going to do something I've never done before with them and camouflage everything except their visors. Camo'd weapons, armour, backpacks, the lot. No insignia at all except maybe low-vis grey or black stuff.
Hopefully I can get some photos up tomorrow if I finish the Hasslefree Chaos heroine.
In the bleak mid (well nearly) winter ... part one
11 hours ago