Tuesday 9 February 2010

A Day Of Unfinished Things

This morning, before I left for work, I started another cardboard building for my future urban skirmish stuff. I've cut out and scored it ready for construction, but I still need to cut out the windows and stick offcuts of card behind them, and I also need to build a door. I didn't put any advertising hoardings on this one, as it's meant to be purely an apartment block. I might well build one of those roof access door-box things to go on the, well, roof, or I might stick with the tried-and-tested trapdoor.

So that was unfinished thing one.

Unifinished things two and three came at lunch - I started off by mixing a very dark skin colour for my Ssotayan priestess. It's an attempt - a pretty good one, too, I think - at painting the sort of ultra-black skin you see in the Sudan, in people like Alex Wek, the model. The interesting thing about it is that it's a sort of purple-black, with a hint of blue and (very) dark brown. Hard to paint, harder still to do correctly! Anyway, I painted her skin, then had a bash at her translucent backless dress. I'm not sure it worked as well as the others, but we'll see. Then I basecoated her snake in two shades of blue (dark and mid); as it's an incarnation of the demon Ssotay I thought it'd look better in Ssotay's sacred colour: blue.

At any rate, she shows promise, but may not work as well as I hope, in which case I may well have to Simple Green her. We shall see. I'm hoping for the 'Base Effect' to come into play...

Unfinished thing three was Ded Cred v2. I painted his tartan trews, and did the first colour for his skin, and, er, that was it.

I doubt I'll get them both finished before Thursday, which'll give me a fairly feeble total for this week, but hey ho. I'll at least have a few more buildings, as I plan to make one every morning before I go to work. I'll have a metropolis in no time! Now all I need is a box to put them in... hm!

Olley Painting Points:

This Week: 1
2010 Total: 31
2009 Total: 58
Grand Total: 89

No comments:

Post a Comment