Friday 5 February 2010

Snakesong

Well, I finished the second of my (small!) Song of Blades and Heroes warband. Her name is Omishe, and she's armed with a spear! Wheee!

Just two more left to paint, and I've already made a good start on the swordswoman (name to be decided) and know how I'm going to paint the priestess. She's going to be an albino - this whole warband is an exercise in painting black skin and translucent clothing, both of which are Very Difficult Things To Do.

So I'm doing every shade of black I can think of, which is nowhere near as many shades as there are in reality, but hey ho, with a warband of between four and ten models, you can't complain.

I'm not entirely sure about the setting yet - what I do know is that the big civilisations are based in the drier, more arid parts of the world, and that the African/Arab/Asian analogue societies will be the major, leading powers. The Euro-equivalents are no more than barbarians. In this world, the Ancient Greeks would've just been seaborne raiders - all the philosophy and maths and so on in the world of Demons comes from the big, nubian-arab civilisation (name pending).

I'm using The World series of articles found at the Order of the Stick website to help me, as world creation is a big thing. There won't be many non-human intelligent species - Kobolds, demons, and that's basically it really.

More on this in the future, I promise!

Olley Painting Points:

This Week: 15
2010 Total: 30
2009 Total: 58
Grand Total: 88

No comments:

Post a Comment