Wednesday 18 September 2024

Getting Distracted

I had intended to work on the Tech-Assassin, but this morning as I was feeding the cats and making coffee for P, my eyes fell on the undercoated ghouls I'd begun uhhhh some time ago. Possibly last year? They're Heresy Miniatures' ghouls, sculpted by the excellent Paul Muller (who has also gone on to make more ghouls for Bad Squiddo Games). I picked them up to add to my Vampire Counts army, which - once I finish this bunch of cannibal monsters from a B-movie, will only really need a Black Coach for me to consider it complete. Although I could probably always add more zombies... and skeletons... and another ten ghouls..

Anyway!

Unhinged cannibal nightmares from your favourite Hammer Horror (probably)

These are really nice miniatures, if a bit gnarly (you can't see the child eating a head in the photo, for example) and I think they're much better than the currently available Games Workshop ones. I'm going to be painting them quite simply, and all I have to do now really is a few highlights and some details - hair, bone, belts, that sort of thing. I should probably be able to finish them tomorrow, assuming I don't get distracted.

Also, P and I went on a birdwatching walk in a nearby wood today which was very pleasant. We saw a very shiny beetle, too:

A shiny bug

On top of all that, I spent a chunk of time bashing out a new version of the venerable Return To Thorskinson's Island campaign that was published in White Dwarf numbers 111-114 many years ago in 1997. Now I'm near a wargames club that plays Warhammer Fantasy, I might actually be able to run my own version - thanks Jervis. Anyway, nothing to add painting point wise today, but hopefully tomorrow will be fruitful!

No comments:

Post a Comment