Sunday 8 September 2024

Oops - Distractions

Today I wanted to finish my Penitent Engines. Instead while browsing YouTube for stuff to watch/listen to while I paint I stumbled across this video essay-review of the No One Lives Forever series of PC games that came out in the early 2000s, and which I played and played and played as a teenager. I got NOLF for my birthday in 2000 and was so excited about it I snuck downstairs and played it the night before my birthday. Some years after that, I forget when, probably around 2003ish, I got a 42mm figure at Salute (I think) that was meant to be Diana Rigg as Emma Peel from The Avengers. I, however, had different ideas.

That's Cate Archer, from No One Lives Forever, in the iconic catsuit that she doesn't actually wear all that much...



And that's the 42mm version I painted up in about 2003, when I was around about 15? I remember being really proud of the eyes... I think I can do a bit better now but I'm loathe to repaint them!

So yeah, anyway, I got distracted first with reinstalling and then playing NOLF (which you can get here) and haven't yet finished the Penitent Engines. Still, there's always tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment